To celebrate the official release of Ghost Stories of an Antiquary Vol 1 on the 27th of October, we’ll be giving away a bundle of M. R. James related goodies to one lucky winner every Friday this month.
Week 2’s winner was @JoePineapples75
Week 3’s bundle contains the following:
- A copy of the Self Made Hero book, signed by Moore & Reppion
- A poster of Francesco Francavilla’s cover for Ghost Stories of an Antiquary Vol 1
- A copy of the M. R. James card game Monsters & Miscreants from Pleasing Terror Games.
- An M. R. James poster from Pleasing Terror Games.
- Nunkie Theatre’s SOLD OUT Curious Creatures – the Shorter Stories of M. R. James (audiobook on double CD)
- Nunkie Theatre posters for various M. R. James productions.
- A set of artist Alisdair Wood’s SOLD OUT Postcards to the Curious
- The Wordsworth Editions Collected Ghost Stories of M. R. James (book)
Entries for the week 3 giveaway will close at 00:00 BST on Fri the 21st of October.
LAUDANUM (which Alisdair is the artist on) is launching at Though Bubble Leeds in a couple of weeks, so definitely keep a bloodshot eye out for that.
And thanks to Robert Lloyd Parry you and I will be able to “Enjoy Hallowe’en with NunkieFilms this year, in the discomfort of your own living room“!
#WhistleFilm on Twitter for updates.
We are also very, very pleased to have some amazing and very hard to get hold of prizes from Pleasing Terror Games as part of this week’s giveaway. Hard to get hold of because they sold out a while back but they are just about to re-stock! (so pre-order yours)
Monsters & Miscreants is a very simple trump-style game, familiar to most people and easy to learn. All the players have a hand of cards. Each card shows a set of categories with statistics, such as Fright Factor, Wall of Weird, Slayer Score etc. On your turn you choose a category on your top card which you hope will beat your opponents’ cards. The object of the game is to win all your opponents’ cards.
And they’ve thrown in a brilliant poster of MRJ, with many of his creations lurking nearby. (I hope you’ve got plenty of wall space for all these posters)
PTG have also just launched the free to use app An Evening’s Entertainment which contains over 1,000 references from M.R.James’ stories and features voice-overs from Robert Lloyd Parry. It’s not designed to turn you into an instantly famous ghost writer, but hopefully you (and friends) will have fun creating your own scenes, plots, characters and of course Monsters, all randomly drawn from the Jamesian world. Walkthrough video guide: https://youtu.be/–zJWmQJcw0