First announced in San Diego this summer with additional details shared today at the New York Comic-Con, The Vampire Diaries digital first anthology series will feature stories by B. Clay Moore, Colleen Doran, Leah Moore and John Reppion, Tony Shasteen and Cat Staggs, among others.
The Honesty Box
• torrent • download • fileshare • CBR • CBZ • CBT • CBA • CB7 • ePub • PDF • zip • RAR • scan • eBook • free • Leah Moore • John Reppion • Complete Dracula • Trial of Sherlock Holmes • Doctor Who Whispering Gallery • Ben Templesmith Doctor Who • Complete Alice in Wonderland • Albion comic • Albion Alan Moore • Raise the Dead comic • Dracula comic • Sherlock Holmes comic • Darkness vs Eva • Witchblade Shades of Grey • Lovecraft Anthology Vol 1 • Comic Book Tattoo • Damsels • Sherlock Holmes The Liverpool Demon •
We are husband and wife writing team Leah Moore & John Reppion and if you’re seeing this then the chances are you’ve just searched for a download link for one of our comic books or graphic novels.
Firstly, we’d like to say thanks because we’re genuinely pleased that you have. The fact that you’ve heard or read good things about our work and that you now want to read it yourself is a great compliment and shows us that we’re doing our job properly.
To show our appreciation, here are some exclusive, free Moore & Reppion comics just for you:
- The Thrill Electric [web version]
- The Thrill Electric [iOS version]
- Deadeye double bill [Issuu]
- Damsels #1 [Issuu]
The thing is, in all seriousness, writing is our job. Writing is our household’s sole source of income. We write to pay our bills, to run our car, to pay our mortgage, and to support our three children.
In the 2011/12 tax year we earned around £5000 ($7700 US) less as a writing partnership than we would have if we both worked the same number of hours in minimum wage jobs.
This isn’t a sob story, or us crying poverty, and we’re definitely not trying to make anyone feel sorry for us. We just want to make it clear that we’re not rich, we don’t live in a mansion, and we definitely do appreciate every penny our writing can earn for us.
So, with that in mind, we’d like to say something:
we would really appreciate it if you didn’t illegally share or download copies of our works.
We get our jobs based on the sales figures of our previous works, we also (in some very rare cases) get royalties based upon those same figures. By illegally downloading our works you’re not only depriving our publishers of revenue (which is the money they then use to hire freelancers like ourselves), and us of potential (minimal) royalties, you’re also jeopardising our future jobs and potentially our long-term careers.
Now, as we said, we’d appreciate it if you didn’t illegally download or share copies of our works, but we know we can’t stop you doing it. What we can do, however, is to offer you some alternatives.
Even if you’ve already downloaded everything we’ve ever written and not paid a single penny, we’d be very grateful if you’d consider taking one of the following steps to support us and our career.
- Buy books direct from Moore & Reppion via Big Cartel
- Buy Moore & Reppion books from Amazon.co.uk
- Buy Moore & Reppion books from Amazon.com
- Download Moore & Reppion books from Comixology
- Download Moore & Reppion books from Comics+
Comics are a collaborative medium and we, the writers, are just one part of the creative team on all of our books. Buying books through Amazon, Comixology and Comics+ also helps to support the artists, letterers and colourists who create them.
If you’re really not interested in buying anything via any of the above links, for whatever reason, then we’d appreciate it if you’d consider clicking on our Honesty Box below and leaving a contribution. If you loved an artist’s work on any of our stories then you should Google that artist, find their website, and support them in the same way.
Thank you for your interest in our work, for your support, and for your honesty.
Moore & Reppion